Wednesday 3 April 2013

Logic ;)


A few days ago, I was shopping with my mother. I wore my Hijab loosely using a single pin to keep it in place. As we were walking, there was a sudden gust of feral wind which caused my Hijab to come undone and almost fly into the air. I held it down until the wind stopped and then realised that I would have to find somewhere to redo my scarf. I turned to my right, hoping to use my reflection in the glass of the shop window to mend it. However when I turned, there was a large mirror placed in the window, right in front of where I had been standing. I smiled, and used the mirror to fix my scarf. As I began to walk away, I thought about how coincidental it was for that mirror to be placed in that exact position in the window, precisely where I had been standing.

I thought about this for the rest of the day, and realised that I could use this example and apply it to life. Allah SWT sometimes brings calamity into our lives, but He always provides us with the means of dealing with them. My scarf almost came off my head, and yet the mirror was right there so I could fix it. It seems like an asinine example, but the simplicity of it, depicts this notion correctly. We may think that we have all of these problems that we cannot solve; we remain oblivious to the fact that Allah SWT has already preordained these predicaments.

“Allah does not burden a soul beyond that it can bear…” (Qur'an, 2:286).


This means that there is not anything that is inflicted upon us that we cannot deal with. This statement in itself is a source of strength. We should always rely on Him, we should place our faith in Him, we should turn to Him, we should ask for help from Him, we should trust that He will cure us. We are His creations; He loves us more than we can comprehend.

There is always the means of solving and overcoming, we need to believe this, and we must find our strength and deal with our quandaries because help always exists. Everything will resolve itself, everything heals.   


No comments:

Post a Comment